Who doesn't love a summer break! Whether your kids are out of school or enjoying the shift from regular school to summer school or attending camps, learning can be part of their day. Every year, I do at least one Beach Day for my students. They love it! Even without the actual beach. It was so warm in March, we just had to add in an extra Beach Day--at the students' request.
For a time, my Beach Day Activities resource is FREE! In addition to a Parent Beach Day Letter, it includes
• Suggested Schedules
• Craft Ideas
• Summer Safety Activities
• Beach Team Name Tags
• Theme Decorations
• Math and Writing Activities
• Visual Schedule Cards
• Tips for Planning a Beach Day
Here are some EXTRA things you can do:
- Play YouTube videos of kids at the beach. Do a search for "Kids at the Beach." My students LOVED watching these. It gave them great ideas for pretend play during our beach activities.
- Make Rainbow Sensory Beaches. We cut a lake shape from blue paper. Then we took pieces of different colored paper and stapled them around the edges of our lake. On each color we made a different sensory beach, gluing sand, or pasta (for shells), or pom poms or Easter grass. On one we glued 2 wiggly eyes and added pieces of colored tissue paper for the people with their umbrellas and colorful swimsuits. On one we used the bingo marker to make beach balls. You can use whatever you have handy. Cheerios or Fruit Loops could be inflatables.
- Stand in a circle and take turns suggesting things you could do at the beach and then act them out: swim, splash, jump in the water, make a sand castle, throw a beach ball, eat watermelon or an ice cream cone, share a pail and shovel with a friend, go for a walk along the beach, run in the sand, dry yourself off with a towel.
- Have a beach picnic. We are fortunate to have a gazebo at our school with picnic tables. But you might just want to spread a blanket on the grass. Take out some sidewalk chalk and bubbles for some additional fun.
Any day can be a Beach Day. It will be an experience your kids will never forget. Plan yours today and enjoy some SUMMER FREEDOM!
More good things to come,